Translate

10 September 2013

The Pudding Milkshake Project

The first cookbook I decided to play with is Starving Student Cookbook. No author is listed by the book, but it was published by copyright by a company named School Mate® in 2002. There is no ISBN. Upon checking their website, the book was apparently a fundraiser, but this particular title is no longer available. Attached is a photo of the original recipe.


I created a 4x6 recipe card of the above recipe. The card can be downloaded here. If this link has stopped working, that is because I have updated the recipe card. Please check the other posts for Pudding Milkshake to find a newer link.

A trip to the grocery store revealed two problems with this simple recipe.

First, I have been unable to find a place to purchase ice milk. I remember it from when I was a kid, but no store in this area seems to carry the product. Therefore, I am forced to go off on a tangent to find a recipe to make ice milk.  You can follow my ice milk thread by clicking here.

Second, I have been unable to purchase a 4-oz. package of pudding. There is a 1-oz. book that produces 4 servings. There is also a larger box available, but I do not recall the exact size. It was not 4 ounces. Looking at the ingredient list of the pudding revealed the presence of aspartame. I am, unfortunately, one of the few who suffer headaches from intake of aspartame; so I may need to find a substitute for the pudding as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put comments here.