Translate

20 May 2013

Today's Woman Candy Cook Book

One of my purchases at the thrift store this weekend was Today's Woman Candy Cook Book ©1953.  It was interesting to notice the original price of the book was 75¢, but I paid $1.50 at the thrift store.  I'll have to keep an eye on this in the future.  I still have to go through the book in detail, but so far I like it.  It has a lot of definitions on top of the recipes.  For example, the difference between a French cream and a chocolate cream is French creams have nuts on the outside but not the inside and chocolate creams have nuts on the inside but ont the outside.  I also didn't realize one uses different fondants depending on what type of candy one is making.  I'll add more info to this post as I get through the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put comments here.