Translate

15 December 2013

The Green Onion Experiment

Back in November, I had to buy green onions for a recipe.  I ended up only needing 2 of the 6 in the bunch, so I searched the Internet for ways to keep them fresh.  You can read the original post on my Facebook page; but the gist of it is to freeze them to use them in soups and stocks or, according to this blog at CHOW, replant them to keep them fresh to use later.  Another experiment was born.
PS:  The same blog says to separate them with a paper towel and then wrap the whole thing in foil.  Next time I am at the grocery store, I will buy another bunch and try this method as well.

As always, I welcome your comments.  Click on the Comment link below; it may say "No" or have a number in front of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put comments here.