Translate

08 December 2013

Mod Podge method, the inspiration

Still on the hunt for a way to custom color or tint eyeglass lenses, I came across a curious website.  At the Craftberry Bush website, they use a mixture of Mod Podge (kind of like Elmer's glue), food coloring, and water to achieve colored glass, as seen below.
Seeing this picture just reminded me of tinted eyeglass, so I am going to see if this can be used to achieve that result.  There are two problems I will need to overcome in my testing:  Streaks (which I experience on every painted-on method) and water solubility.  The latter I can combat with spraying on an acrylic coating; the former will be much tougher, but the website shows a method to simply shake the jar to coat it with the Mod Podge solution.

Here, then, are my test steps:


As always, I welcome your comments.  Click on the Comment link below; it may say "No" or have a number in front of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put comments here.