Translate

14 December 2013

So, why is it fuzzy?

One of the things I asked in my previous post involved the possibility that the Mod Podge itself was the cause of the frosted look.&nbps; This, as it turns out, could be the case.
Here is a picture I took of a glass jar.  The right side is painted with undiluted Mod Podge.  As you can see, the painted side definitely has a frosted look to it.  This might be okay for the frosted jar project I will be working on.  However, this is not acceptable for eyeglass lenses.  Off to Hobby Lobby I went, and I came back with Mod Podge Gloss with the orange label (product number CS11201).  Originally, I bought Mod Podge Matte with the yellow label (product number CS11301).  I will paint it on the same jar and see how clear it dries.
After about 20 minutes of drying time, the painted side is fairly clear.  The streaks are brush marks.  As I plan on simply shaking the container, there will be no brush marks.  This solves the problem of the Mod Podge opacity.  When using Mod Podge to color glass, use the gloss formulation.  So, I guess it is time for glass coloring test #2.

As always, I welcome your comments.  Click on the Comment link below; it may say "No" or have a number in front of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put comments here.