Translate

01 December 2013

Frozen Banana Smoothie

With all the searching I have done regarding pre- and post-exercise food, there is no food as controversial as the banana.  (Read my post about bananas.)  Banana is one of the few fruits I actually like, so when I found a few exercise sites that recommended a banana and chocolate milk for an post-exercise snack, I jumped on it.  How to best combine these two?  Well, with a blender, of course!  Another internet search revealed a plethora of chocolate banana smoothies.  It wasn't until I came across the website of Dr. Ben Kim that I knew I had found what I was looking for.

The recipe was so simple I am a bit embarrassed I did not think of it myself.  I have posted the recipe as a 4x6 card to my shared document folder as a Word .doc file so you can see it as well.  (Let me know if you need it in a different format; I am happy to oblige.)  Only 4 ingredients.  The hardest part is peeling and freezing the bananas.  So, how did it taste?

On my first drink, my body said "It's about time!"  I don't know if that was real or my subconscious desire to want to like this, but I am very pleased with how this simple formula worked, even using generic Kroger cocoa.  Another difference between the recipe and what I made was I used whole almonds rather than a nut butter.  I did not have any nut butter on hand (blog on how to make almond butter coming soon), so I just put in the almonds.  That made the smoothie a bit more like a sandie, but the taste and body satisfaction overcame this texture malfunction.

I highly recommend this recipe and am looking forward to making this recipe part of my daily habit.  I hope you find it as enjoyable or inspirational.

As always, I welcome your comments.  Click on the Comment link below; it may say "No" or have a number in front of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put comments here.