Translate

05 December 2013

English muffin and cottage cheese

One of the pre-exercise snacks I found was pretty simple:  English muffin with ½ cup of cottage cheese.  I grew up on cottage cheese (being from Wisconsin, the dairy state), so I added this to my pre-exercise snack list.  This week, the grocery store decided to have a sale on both English muffins and cottage cheese.  If my freezer weren't so full, I would consider stocking up on both.  Before doing this, however, I decided to test this “recipe”.

Taste-wise, it is a fairly bland meal.  After all, it is toasted bread with cottage cheese.  To improve the taste, I am thinking of sprinkling some herbs on top.  I will have to do some research into herbs with exercise benefit.

I don't know why this didn't dawn on me before, but this snack is actually very much like a meal I used to have as a kid.  We would take a slice of white bread, pour on some syrup, and top this with cottage cheese.  There would be a slice of liverwurst on the side.  That was dinner, and this snack reminds me of that.  Of course, to keep it in the pre-exercise snack category, I can't add the syrup; but it is funny that one of the budget-stretching meals from childhood is now considered proper before-exercise nutrition.

How does this snack rate as regards exercising?  I am not going to attempt to start exercising again until after Christmas.  I will give it a try then and update this post with any new information, so bookmark it if you are interested in that information.

As always, I welcome your comments.  Click on the Comment link below; it may say "No" or have a number in front of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put comments here.