Translate

26 October 2013

Oils for cooling research #1

One of the ex-wife's more successful products in terms of actually working was a spray that would make a person feel cooler on a hot day.  Not having access to that product is one of the few things I miss about her, so I decided I needed to make my own blend.  Since I have already deleted all of her files from my computers, I had to start my research from scratch.  So far, it has not been as difficult as one might think.  There are many sites that have lists of oils and formulae for a cooling oil or spray.  Here is what I discovered so far.

Of the eight sights I have visited so far, one was a carbon copy of another site.  The remaining seven provide an interesting picture of aromatherapy.  Only one oil is universally accepted as having cooling properties; that oil is peppermint.  All seven sites use peppermint, either alone or in combination with other oils.  No other oil is selected by a majority of these seven sites.  The list I have compiled to date (26 Oct 2013) is as follows: Peppermint - 7, eucalyptus - 3 (lemon eucalyptus - 1), lavender - 2, lemon balm - 1, vetiver - 1, spruce needle - 1, lime - 1, clary sage - 1, Roman chamomile - 1, geranium - 1, cypress - 1, spearmint - 1.  Another interesting pattern is the use of "citrus" herbs, such as lemon balm, lime, and lemon eucalyptus.

This is by no means the end of my research, but it is all I have right now.  Search this blog for the label "cooling" and bookmark that search.  You can then check up on my research.

As always, I welcome your comments.  Click on the Comment link below; it may say "No" or have a number in front of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put comments here.