Translate

05 November 2013

Linoleum cleaner, the mixing

This link is to a Word .doc set up as a 4x6 recipe card for the adjusted recipe.  Let me know if you cannot view the .doc, and I will try to make adjustments.

I weighed the baking soda.  My scale, unfortunately, goes in 5-gram increments; so I settled for 15 grams of baking soda.  I poured this into my mixing cup.  I then poured in some steaming hot water from my tap and stirred with a wire whisk.  Here is what the solution of dissolved baking soda looks like.
Next, I added the 3/4 teaspoon of dish soap.  Using a 1/4-teaspoon, I added 3 measures of dish detergent.  I used a generic store brand with orange scent.
As you can see for the picture above, this made the solution a little sudsy, so adding the remaining water is going to be interesting.
I ran the water slowly down the side of the bowl, resulting in the photo above.
Adding the vinegar made the solution foam a little, which really isn’t demonstrated in the photo above, and it did not create much volume.

Well, there it is:  The final solution.  I am going to pour this into the old laundry detergent bottle for long-term storage.  Remember, whenever you store a solution in an old container, LABEL THE CONTAINER with what you put in so you don’t forget what is in there.  Another tip, pour the solution into the container as slowly as possible to prevent creation of suds.

As always, I welcome your comments.  Click on the Comment link below; it may say "No" or have a number in front of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put comments here.