Translate

17 November 2013

Discovery of System6®

While out shopping for backpacks, I came across a sale on stability balls at Sports Authority.  I had been wanting to do those myotatic crunches from the 4-Hour Body book I had bought, but Bosu balls cost over $100.  The small stability ball was only $24.  After much discussion with salesman Clancey, I made the purchase.

Upon opening the package, there was a workout routine poster, which Sports Authority had named System6®.  I supposed because it is a 6-week plan in which exercise increases each week.  One starts with 10- and 20-minute workouts of mostly body weight exercises and works up to 45-minute routines.  It alternates between what are called the strength circuit and the conditioning circuit.  Here is how they advertise it:

“System 6 is a rapid body transformation program that integrates the latest fitness techniques into one home-based workout.  Created by top personal trainers, System 6 brings strength and interval training together to create short, intense exercise sessions designed to quickly build muscle and burn fat.  Six Workouts.  Six Days a Week.&nbps; Six Weeks.”
The most needed equipment are the stability ball (which, as it turns out, the routine uses for myotatic crunches), a resistance band, and a jump rope.  Other equipment is recommended for accelerated results, and eventually, a pull-up bar should be added.  However, these investments are down the road.

Because there is no copyright statement on the printed material, I have scanned the two routines and provide them below.  Because of need to zoom in to read the small print, I have scanned them at 300 dpi.  Therefore, they are in the size range of 4.5mb, just in case you were thinking of downloading them.  I'm sure you can tell which is which from the pictures.
Anywho, it seems quite simple.  I am hoping to start the routines later this morning.  I woke up early, so I thought I wouldn't waste any time and get these posts published.

As always, I welcome your comments.  Click on the Comment link below; it may say "No" or have a number in front of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put comments here.