Translate

12 September 2013

The Smoothie Method, results

The smoothie method turned out to be pretty much what I expected.  This is a milk smoothie, not ice milk.


Above is a picture of the mixture right after processing.  It does have the appearance of creaminess.  However . . .


. . . as you can see from this picture, it is still very lumpy.


Within a few minutes, it was already melting, as you can see from the liquid at the edge of the bowl.  It did not maintain its frozenness (Wow, that is actually in my spellchecker.) very well.

Upon tasting a few spoonfuls, the mixture was very chunky, like a smoothie not blended enough.  (Hmmm . . . now I'm beginning to wonder if I should try the same recipe in my smoothie maker instead of the food processor.)  I don’t think the idea of ice milk is to have to chew it.  I decided to see how it would freeze, so I covered it and put it in the freezer.  A few hours later, it was the consistency of a frozen foam, as I could put my finger through it.  Upon checking it 24 hours later . . .


. . . it had definitely hardened somewhat but not completely.  Using a spoon, I scraped along the top.  This resulted in something akin to a milk snow cone.  Now I really wish I could find some actual ice milk so I could compare the two consistencies.  At this point, though, this is not the type of result I would want for a milk shake.

As always, I welcome your comments.  Click on the Comment link below; it may say "No" or have a number in front of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put comments here.