Translate

16 December 2013

Mod Podge method, test #2

Now that I have the proper Mod Podge (the gloss) for this project, I decided to try again.  I also decided to make a slight change to the original recipe.  Since I did not need that much for this little bottle, I cut the recipe again, using only ¼ teaspoon of glue and ¼ teaspoon of water.  I stirred this with the paint brush and then dripped in 2 drops of blue and 2 drops of red, hoping to enhance the color.  I covered the jar and began to shake vigorously.  Big mistake.

Apparently I did not screw the cover on completely, for purple glue when splashing all over my kitchen.  I wiped up the mess, resealed the jar, and continued the experiment.

The next morning, I checked the dried jar.  There was barely any color on the glass.  It still appeared clear.  However, there was a strip of color at the mouth of the jar.  It seems all the color ran down the jar while it dried.  I guess one has to really mix the color into the glue before coating the jar.  I also wonder if the ratio of glue to water had to remain at 2:3.  For the next test, I will go back to the original recipe and follow it to the letter.

I am getting a bit disappointed.  The instructions made this process seem so easy.  I will give it another try before giving up.

As always, I welcome your comments.  Click on the Comment link below; it may say "No" or have a number in front of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put comments here.