Translate

14 December 2013

Pie Crust Project, the inspiration

Back on October 23, I complained on my Facebook account about the high cost of pre-made pie crust shells.  They cost $3 for 2 crusts, and the only ingredients are flour, water, and butter.  How can that come to $1.50 each?  Especially when this is the quality . . .
I'm sorry, but to me this looks like an old piece of pasta.
Why is it cracked coming out of the freezer?  Shouldn't it be intact?
And the results after baking aren't that smooth, either.  How is this thing going to be strong enough to hold a filling?
And forget flakey.  The thing crumbled like stale bread.

It is for these reasons that I add yet another project to my already-too-long list of projects and experiments.  I want to learn how to make a pie crust.  You can use the links below to follow along with me.
As always, I welcome your comments.  Click on the Comment link below; it may say "No" or have a number in front of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put comments here.