Translate

08 December 2013

Almond Butter, the recipe

After looking through many almond butter recipes on the Internet and in cookbooks, I have made a few decisions regarding my almond butter:

  • No added oil if at all possible
  • Peel the nuts so skins aren't floating in the butter
  • Some sort of additional sweetener is acceptable

Therefore, I have decided to use the recipe from A Full Measure of Happiness as my base.  It has only 3 ingredients:  Nuts, salt, and honey.  Honey, in addition to being sweet, has many health benefits, though I may switch to molasses in the future due to its high concentration of minerals.  This also adds some liquid to the mixture, so I hope that will provide lubrication to the food processor  At this point, then, we have ingredients of:

  • 2 cups almonds, blanched and peeled
  • ¼ tsp. salt
  • ¼ cup honey

It is on to test the recipe.

As always, I welcome your comments.  Click on the Comment link below; it may say "No" or have a number in front of it.

References:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put comments here.