Translate

18 November 2013

Week 1, Day 2

Got through the second day, but not without problems.  I bought a resistance band to do the shoulder press exercise, but I did not buy a band long enough to perform the exercise as illustrated.  These bands from Target barely got shoulder high.  A shoulder press is from shoulder height to above one's head, so instead of standing on the band, I sat on the band on a chair.  There was still a problem getting my arms extended fully for the exercise.  I will have to return these bands and get some the proper length.

I also had a problem with the pull-ups.  I was hoping I could use the band and simulate a pull-up by doing a lat pull-down.  Well, I got up to 200 pull-downs using the bands.  Therefore, I believe they are also not strong enough for me.  I don't like the idea of using the car an extra time this week, but I really have no choice if I want to replace the equipment.^nbsp; Since I don't want to spend $45 on a door-mounted chin-up bar, I have decided to (at least for a time) replace the pull-ups with an exercise called the Let Me In.  In this exercise, one uses a doorknob as the pull-up bar.  I posted a couple pictures below so you can see what I am talking about.  I got it from a book called You Are Your Own Gym.
Just decided to check pull-up bar prices on Amazon.  Catch you later.

As always, I welcome your comments.  Click on the Comment link below; it may say "No" or have a number in front of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put comments here.