Translate

19 November 2013

Toasting Without a Toaster

I live in a very small apartment, and my kitchenette counter is already full of appliances.  However, my investigation into what to eat before and after exercising has lead to a plethora of recipes that involve toasted bread or English muffins.  My conundrum is, thus, how to toast without the use of a toaster.

The first thing I discovered is a device used by campers.  It encases the bread is a wire basket.  The wire basket is held over the campfire, thereby creating toast.  This device, however, requires an open flame; my stove is, unfortunately, electric.

The other method I found was to simply fry the bread without any oils.  Just place the bread in a pan, cook to desired doneness, and flip to do the other side.  This is going to be my method of choice when I start making these pre- and post-workout snacks.  I will post another blog about the results, once I have any.  I first need to find a recipe for whole wheat sandwich bread because I am not going to pay $2 for a loaf of chemicals.

As always, I welcome your comments.  Click on the Comment link below; it may say "No" or have a number in front of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put comments here.